[mythtv-users] Question on Mythweb backend staus report - Encoder duplication?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 2 03:09:48 UTC 2006

On 05/01/2006 10:19 PM, Mark Johannessen wrote:

>>Shouldn't he be able to delete the card by pressing DELETE (probably
>>"D") when selecting the card in mythtv-setup?
>>

>I didn't look into that, but I was able to delete the bad card in the
>mythconverge fields "capturecard" and "cardinput" and making sure the
>cards were renumbered 1 and 2.  I had to reboot and run through
>mythsetup to get it to work again.

The more I think about it, the more I think the card would only be
visible (to select and delete) if your hostname were the invalid
hostname.  I don't know if you could fake it with:

HOSTNAME=mythtv.myhouse.comin mythtv-setup

but maybe next time someone has the problem, they'll let us know.  :)

Mike