[mythtv-users] Knoppmyth Frontend Install Issues Anyone?

Andy M andyemleafs at gmail.com
Tue May 2 01:00:49 UTC 2006

Two problems:

1)       I have tried to perform a manual install and change all the mysql
settings to point to the backend mysql server which works but I can't watch
any television or any recording because its says {The filename}.mpg not
found. I have enabled nfs on the backend to announce the nfs shares to all
other machines but still no luck. Now on the flipside I have tried the
frontend only install and everything works perfectly. Weird eh? So having
the frontend only work tells me my backend is setup properly but the
frontend wont work. The reason for having wanting to install the entire
frontend with no cd is because I have to install an IR receiver and also
update the nvidia drivers which are old on the frontend install.

2) When I reboot the frontend machine and leave the cd inside it tries to do
a reinstall and if I take the cd out the machine wont boot. Meaning it
doesn't install anything in the mbr to tell it to bypass the install
portion. Is there a way around this or do I have to set it up everytime I
reboot the system (There must be another way). Thx in advance.