[mythtv-users] How do I: Exact copy of one Xbox FE to another Xbox?

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Mon May 1 13:30:36 UTC 2006

On 5/1/06, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> William makes a good point about locking and unlocking the drive, it could
> turn out to be a hassle? I've had some serious problems trying to lock and
> unlock drives, ultimately I was able to get it to work but it was a problem.
>
> If I recall, the last time I needed to reformat the disk I used one of the
> Xbox utility disks that are talked about on some of the xbox forums for
> doing the maintenance.
>

>  "I think the G4U software is my best option.  I will let you know how I
> go."
>
> G4U will image the drive though...
>

> "Is that true even if you just copy the Xebian partition and leave the
> xbeboot code on the C: drive alone?"
>
> Yes, you can start fresh by copying the contents of the xebian partition, I
> use this method when I want to backup certain points for future use. The
> last time I did a fresh install I backed up at certain points a long the way
> in case there were some problems and I wanted to start from a known starting
> point.

I may be wrong here, dont own an xbox, but if you have some spare IDE
slots on another computer you could take both the hard drives out,
connect them on another computer mount them and do a straight cp. This
will guarantee identical hard drives without any faffing (apart from
taking the hd's out).

Paul