[mythtv-users] Tv_grab_au --god help me.

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Mon May 1 05:53:00 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I had a spare  5mins at work and did a quick google for "shell script
variable'
(related to this question)

Have another question for you.

> You have setup some varialbles at the top of the shell script for each
> type of grabbers. I was wondering if you can set some more/different ones
> for sed comands etc like,
>
> City >
> Format >
> and so on.
> I am guessing that this would make it easier to mod the script for your
> state and it could then be indroduced into the package with the DVB OWNER's
> check as default. (and that should take some load off the tv station
> servers, and then might not change it as much).

and this web page () said this.
*howdy='Good Morning $USER !'
echo $howdy*
Good Morning $USER !

My question is can these 'variables' be placed in the SED command or will it
crack it, cos they are there?
I can't try it till I get home, but if I am barking up the wrong tree, some
let me know.

CH