[mythtv-users] How do I: Exact copy of one Xbox FE to another Xbox?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon May 1 01:21:26 UTC 2006

On 5/1/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Making a copy of the drive is probably not the best choice. You will lose
> the system specific password for unlocking the drive and your system will
> lock up.

HI William,

I haven't had to unlock the drive.  Isn't that only for if your doing
a soft-mod?  If not, please let me know.

> I assume you have a backend somewhere with some computing power. I
> would suggest you install and compile myth using the directions found at
>
> www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_Compile_with_SVN
>
> Just replace the svn root with the 0.19-fixes branch and you will get the
> latest release version. It worked well for me.

The problem I am having is meeting all of the dependencies.  It seems
when the myth-xbox installer started sucking down packages, it has
grabbed some for Debian sarge, some for sid and some others.  I am not
a Debian user, so I know little about the versioning of it, but I know
my Xebian install is now screwed and I should start again.

Cheers,
Whytey