[mythtv-users] Fast Forward locks up my MythBox

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Fri Mar 31 22:43:30 UTC 2006

> From: "Jeff Simpson" <jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu>
>
> FFW (and RWD) have bugs with the PVR-350 on 0.19 causing the frontend
> to lock up (doesn't normally require a reboot, are you sure the box
> isn't still alive and just not listening to the frontend and
> keyboard?)

I read though the mentioned bug report.  I'm using a PVR-500 card on the
backend and an nVidia card as the TV-out on the frontend box which
accesses the backend over an NFS share.  I too am seeing problmes fast
forwarding on pre-recorded shows when trying to go faster than 3x.  0.18
didn't exhibit this problem.

I haven't tried this with LiveTV to see if it makes any difference.  I
also haven't tried reverse yet either....