[mythtv-users] Fast Forward locks up my MythBox

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Mar 31 21:15:50 UTC 2006

On 3/31/06, mikerice1969 at comcast.net <mikerice1969 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I've set up a MythBox and everything is working nicely except one very
> troubling problem:  When I use FFWD my box will lock up requiring a
> reboot.  Normal play works fine.

You won't like this.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/745

FFW (and RWD) have bugs with the PVR-350 on 0.19 causing the frontend to
lock up (doesn't normally require a reboot, are you sure the box isn't still
alive and just not listening to the frontend and keyboard?)

The bad news is, this bug is not in the list of things to be fixed - support
for the PVR-350 output is likely being dropped in future versions of myth.
Here's a link to a thread discussing it:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/192212?do=post_view_threaded

Hopefully somebody can pipe in with a suggestion for how to disable FFW and
RWD (I think somebody emailed me how to do it, but now I can't find it among
the zillions of other mythtv messages)

 - Jeff