[mythtv-users] XvMC with i810 on slackware 10.2

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Mar 31 03:26:18 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 2:01 pm, Warren wrote:
> Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > Warren wrote:

[...]

> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Greyscale_OSD_(NVidia_4_&_5)
> >

> Running as a myth frontend I can play SDTV clips - myth recorded and
> otherwise - all day long with no problems.  It looks great.  I use it to
> watch the news (with headphones) while the rest of the family is
> watching a movie that I don't watch,

You've probably got one of the newer chips? Mine is old. Circa 2001, I think.
I've been playing with xxmc in Xine on my i810 this evening. It works. I even
got it doing Bob deinterlace. CPU usage gain isn't very impressive though.
If anything, I think I only gained a few % CPU idle during playback of interlaced
DVD previews. At worst, it didn't make a difference at all. I'm running a 933mhz
P3 w/256k cache on a 133mhz FSB. about 60% usage w/XvMC. Sometimes up to 70% with
plain XV. Picture bounces a bit on static screens, but it's usually pretty nice
looking during playback.

No luck getting it to run in mythfrontend yet. It claims the surface doesn't
support XvMC. Probably I don't have it compiled correctly. I did turn on the
ChromaKey OSD though. It flickers under my i810. :) I don't think that happens
on my NV FX 5200.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin