[mythtv-users] theme for anamorphic widescreen TV

Julian Edwards myth at julian-edwards.com
Thu Mar 30 18:02:38 UTC 2006

Peter Schachte wrote:

>Or would I do better with a square-pixel screen resolution for the
>myth frontend (and get the nvidia driver to scale it for me?), and
>fall back to 720x576 for displaying video?  If so, how do I do that?
>Or does anyone with a PAL widescreen SD TV have a better or easier
>solution?

The basic problem is that Myth is using the DisplaySize X config item
for the screen's aspect ratio whilst X wants to use it to get the DPI.
This is fine until you start displaying anamorphic content.

>I even tried
>forcing 100 x 100 dpi on the command line when launching X, but that
>didn't help.

What happened?

I think there was a rumbling of using something internal to Myth for the screen's aspect ratio last time I asked about this.  Have a look through the archives and you might see something.