[mythtv-users] Time Warner Cable

GreatOak greatoak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:24:39 UTC 2006

Ok, I am in the same boat and procrastinating/family has slowed my progress.
I have Digital Cable with TWC as well. I don't care to record the >125
channels, they are mostly dupes of the <125 channels.

So, my question is... Do I have to do the IR Blaster/Serial cable thing? OR
can I just hook a up directly to the cable and get the lower 125 channels in
analog or is it just completely gone with digital cable? If the lower 125
channel are not there in analog I guess I have to use the "change the
channels through the cable box" thing whether by IR Blaster or serial cable
(as mentioned in the previous message). If that is the case... (use IR
Blaster), why bother with a tuner card? Why not just use a video in video
out setup? I mean the digital box I have has video and audio out, so a tuner
is not necessary ... right?

Thank you,