[mythtv-users] HOWTO: Xebian and Mythfrontend on xbox

mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Thu Mar 30 13:29:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 11:13:21PM +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:
> 1) What do I need to do to ensure than an X is running when I boot up?
Make sure one of the 'dm's is installed.  I use gdm, since that's got
nice and easy configuration.

> 2) And, what do I need to do to get my mythtv user's .xinitrc
> automatically run on boot up?
Tell gdm to login the mythtv user automatically.

Personally I use a timed login (so that if it crashes and goes back to
the login screen, it'll autologin again), and you need to add the
following section to your /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf:

[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLoginDelay=5
TimedLogin=mythtv

(mythtv is the name of my user for myth)

Graham