[mythtv-users] HOWTO: Xebian and Mythfrontend on xbox

mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Thu Mar 30 10:05:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 08:58:48PM +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:
> Is anyone able to advise what I need to do to get past this?
Try using '-f', and/or doing an update & dist-upgrade?

Try again in 48 hours?

I've had problems with debian sid such that it couldn't install gnome
for a while - probably because the maintainer was in the process of
trying to upgrade the packages and hadn't uploaded all of them.

Whenever it has happened to me, I've basically traced back through the
dependancies (by hand) - e.g. try just installing the one that is
refusing to install - then try its dependancy... Eventually you'll get
back to something that won't install because there is no appropriate
candidate...

Or, as has happened to me once, eventually something will do an install that
wouldn't happen automatically...