[mythtv-users] upgraded to mythtv 0.19 - mythweb blew up!

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 06:01:29 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

That's strange.  Email me off-list about this if you're interested.  The
> "has been recorded" stuff will still happen for shows that you recorded
> at some point in the past, so if it prevents them from being
> re-recorded, that's definitely a bug.

To be fair the show(s) in question were past their starting time, so perhaps
that had something to do with it? At any rate, I definitely could not do it
through mythweb and had to do it through the frontend.

> Perhaps a note regarding this should be made on the Wiki? There seems
> > to be very little information about MythWeb on their (perhaps a
> > troubleshooting section).
>
> You mean like the one in the mythweb section of the release notes for
> .19.1 (which used to be the "fixes branch" release notes)?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.19.1

That was one of the first places I went to look for help on this problem.
" Fixed some programs, mostly EIT inserted information, always showing as
previously recorded" seemed to be close, but I wasn't sure what EIT was, and
the description "some programs" didn't fit my scenario where the majority of
my programs had little blue boxes around them. This is perhaps through my
ignorance, but I didn't really make the connection between this bug and my
problem.

Furthermore, I wasn't sure how a Release_Notes for 0.19.1 was going to help
me when it wasn't out yet. Perhaps a link to the fixes as they are resolved
on the tracker might help? I still think a "troubleshooting" section would
be best.

wiki, and I think that most people still accept that mythtv is a "geek's
> toy" so expect people to be somewhat saavy when they encounter install
> issues (at least until 1.0 comes out).

True enough. I am hoping that the next few people who have this trouble will
be able to see my post on the mailing list and avoid any further confusion.

Thanks again for all of your help. When I get my damn Japanese cell phone to
access mythweb, I will be 100% thrilled!

sincerely,
david