[mythtv-users] MPEG2 -> MPEG2 Transcoding

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Mar 30 05:52:11 UTC 2006

HI!

Cory Papenfuss wrote:

>  	The lossless mpeg2 cutting should clean them up.  Then utils like
> replex, dvb-replex, etc should be able to insert DVD NAV streams (by
> demuxing or not)... then they're directly authorable.

As far as I understood Geoffrey on the -dev list, remuxing will still
potentially lead to bad sync for mythtranscoded mpeg2.

I have made the following observation: If I demux (mpeg2desc) and remux
(mplex) an original ivtv recording, then it's perfectly in sync.

If I do the same to a mythtranscoded mpeg2, I have to give an offset of
-150ms to mplex.

Thomas