[mythtv-users] Run mythfilldatabase if using EIT only sources? (was Re: Performance issue : Number of records in a Table ???)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 30 04:11:33 UTC 2006

On 03/29/2006 04:45 PM, James Stembridge wrote:

>On 3/29/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>>would perform the cleanup of old data.  However, at first glance, it
>>looks like it might output a warning, "Grabbing XMLTV data using eitonly
>>is not verified as working."
>>

>Here's the output from running mfdb with a single eit-only source:
>

>2006-03-29 22:39:39.952 Updating source #1 (Default) with grabber eitonly
>2006-03-29 22:39:39.952 Grabbing XMLTV data using eitonly is not
>verified as working.

Yeah, it does show the warning.  Thanks for verifying my suspicions.
I'll put a patch in Trac this weekend.

>All seems to work fine, though as you say the warning about XMLTV is
>confusing as I'm not using it. At least I can re-enable my mfdb cron
>job, I realised last night that listings had been accumulating since
>last April which was starting to make the program guide performance
>slightly less that optimal ;-)

Cool.  My suggestion is to keep running it (unless we hear differently
from one of the devs :).  Instead of using a cron job, though, you can
let Myth automatically run it for you.  Doing so would mean one less
cron job to configure.

Mike