[mythtv-users] HD-3000 recording corruption

Craig Partin cpartin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 16:25:34 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Mudit Wahal <mwahal at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 3/29/06, Mudit Wahal <mwahal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Sorry I meat IOBound messages in the logfile.
> > >

> > No IOBound errors in the backend log.  The frontend just has the ac
> > tex damaged, invalid mb errors
>
> Are you running 0.18 or 0.19 ? Also I read somewhere that the SATA
> drivers for the older chipset had some issues which was causing file
> corruption.
>
> You can use azap to tune to a channel and dump the HD output from the
> card to a file directly with and without load. This will eliminate
> myth from the middle. You can do vmstat or top and check the iowait%
> etc.
>
> I am running 0.18.1 and had IOBound issues while recording and doing
> something else (commercial detection/file deletion/etc). But the
> IOBound messages were getting logged in the logfile. Had to change
> some buffersize etc to get around the messages.

I am running 0.19-fixes, whatever version is in the Gentoo portage
tree as of the past weekend.  The issue existed under 0.18.1 also.  It
happens with or without myth.  The problem is not really myth related
but this is the most knowledgable group around for these issues.
There are several similar threads at the pchdtv forums but no answers