[mythtv-users] HD-3000 recording corruption

Craig Partin cpartin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 15:22:06 UTC 2006

This is the first time I have been stumped in over two years of mythtv
use.  I got my HD-3000 working just fine tuning QAM stations over
cable in myth.  The system works flawlessly and reliably except that
QAM recordings get trashed when anything else is happening on the
system.  It records beautifully when nothing else is happening.  This
happens on all channels, HD and SD.  I can playback 1080i content with
XVMC just fine, even with bob.

Hardware
MSI K7N Delta-2 lsr
Avermedia m179
MX4000 8X AGP
512MB memory
Sempron 2200
250GB sata HD
using onboard sata - also had IDE drive previously.  no change

I have searched here and pchdtv.com and am afraid the answer is going
to be a new mobo.  I have tried swapping power supplies.  The card has
its own irq.  I have switched PCI slots, it is currently in the orange
slot.  I have upgraded to udev and kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-sources-r1.