[mythtv-users] PCChips Geode MoBo?

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Mar 29 12:41:54 UTC 2006

Jo Shields schreef:
> Francesco Peeters wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>Does anybody have any experience with the 'new' PCChips M863G Geode3600+
>>(Athlon2800+ 'mobile') (v7.1) MoBo?
>>
>>It looks nice enough for a frontend, although it doesn't have S-Video or
>>composite output (Which isn't too much of an issue for PAL TV's with
>>SCART), but will it bear the brunt of an added backend?
>>
>>My main concerns are an apparent lack of S/PDIF (though I may have
>>overlooked it <G>) and audio performance as well as how it performs for
>>video-playback.
>>(I am planning - for starters - to have a PVR-150 in there and run both
>>frontend and backend on it. I hope to add separate backends in the
>>future, and maybe drop the tunercard in this one, although I like the
>>idea of it being able to work standalone if needed)
>>
>>TIA!
>>

> I'd signal a general note of caution buying a board made by a company
> recognised as the worst in the industry at what they do

Some love'em
Some hate'em

I have seen both pro and contra arguments for the company, as have I for
Asus, AsRock, MSI, Shuttle and VIA...

That's why I am inquiring after a specific board...  ;-)

(Still, your comment is duly noted and accepted in gratitude!)

--
Francesco Peeters
   No sigs on this machine yet