[mythtv-users] Dual Digital remote still not working

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 29 11:00:05 UTC 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 2:37 AM, Martin Turner wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I know I've posted this question before, and I did get a few
> but I still cant get the sucker working. I got so frustrated I gave up
> for a week.. but I'm back now..
>
> I have a DViCO Dual Digital tuner with the MCE remote control. I have
> gotten both tuners working, but I just cant get the remote working. I
> have tried using lirc with the dvico drivers but they get me
> nowhere as
> they keep looking for a /dev/usbhid0 (or other such combination
> such as
> /dev/usb/hid0 or /dev/usbhid) which doesn't exist on my system.
>
> I don't know what im doing anymore with this. I do have a 'ir_common'
> module loaded that the system seems to have picked up its self and
> have
> been trying to work with that, but I don't know lirc well enough to
> know
> how to get this to operate..
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated as well, its been driving my
> batty
> for months now.

Do you have the USB Human Interface Devices compiled into your
kernel ?? If they are compiled as modular you need to be sure the
modules are loading before the LIRC stuff, so compiled-in is the safest.
Should be:

CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
# CONFIG_HID_FF is not set     <------ This shouldn't matter, force
feedback is exp. anyway
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y

You normally need this for a USB-connected UPS as well, so it is a
good thing to have.