[mythtv-users] correct mythweb setup

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Mar 28 23:48:47 UTC 2006

> I am a bit confused about the correct set up for mythweb. (for mythtv
> 0.19) I created a directory called mythweb under my document root:
>
> /var/www/mythweb/
>
> I copied all of the files from mythweb plugins directory there,
> according to instructions on the mythtv.org site (I think). Now I have
> just read elsewhere (http://hyams.webhop.net/mythtv/myth_ubuntu.html)
> that "Mythweb needs some special attention for proper installation."
> That sites instructs me to create a file in /usr/local/share/mythtv
> and then create a sim link from that to /var/www
>
> ln -s /usr/local/mythtv/share/mythtv/mythweb /var/www/mythweb
>
> Which is it supposed to be? a sim link or a stand alone directory?

Whichever you want.

Every webmaster I've met configures things differently.  Personally,
mine is in /var/www/secure_html (/var/www/html is non-ssl, and has one
file that redirects to the ssl URL).

Generally, you can put the whole mythweb/ directory inside of your
document root (I don't know why some distros use /var/www as the
document root, but most people use /var/www/html or /var/www/htdocs).
Then you should just need to edit the .htaccess file to suit your needs,
and follow the apache config options listed in the README).

I also strongly urge you to use the readme from the .19.1 fixes branch
since I updated some of the documentation to make it a little easier to
understand (release of .19.1 should be out shortly with other fixes, too).

-Chris