[mythtv-users] GUI interface on one screen, liveTV and playback on another? How can I do that?

jean chouanard jean at h2tp.com
Tue Mar 28 18:17:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've got MythTV working well on SUSE10. My video card is connected to
two X screen: :0.0 is my main lcd monitor, and :0.1 is my TV, defined as
a NTSC monitor, connected through svideo on the video card.

Now what I am trying to do is to get all video, liveTV, playing recorded
show, playing DVD and VDC, on the TV screen.
That works fine for DVD and VCD if I add in the setup screen , on the
mplayer command line a DISPLAY=:0.1 before mplayer, but I was wondering
if there was a way to do that for the liveTV and playback mode?

If not, changing the XOpenDisplay in libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp to
accept ":0.1" as argument may do the trick? I tried by wo/ success..

Help or suggestion welcome,

thanks,
jean