[mythtv-users] Ripped DVD's issues

Dave Oxley dave at daveoxley.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 13:01:53 UTC 2006

I have ripped quite a few DVD's as either Perfect or as an ISO. When
playing them back I have several issues:
1. The length of the movies is reported incorrectly (Some say they're
only 1 second long others say 30 mins while other say 4 hours)
2. Fast forwarding at anything above 3x or skipping forward (10 mins)
makes the video freeze and but the audio seems to go into super fast
mode and I have to kill the frontend as it never recovers.

The frontend is an AMD64 machine running Gentoo and the backend is an
EM64T also running Gentoo. They both run trunk revision 9483 although I
don't think this is a recent issue. The frontend is set up to use the
Internal player rather than Xine or mplayer. I haven't got a 32 bit
machine running Linux at the moment so I don't know if this is a 64-Bit
problem. It may well be a file size issue as obviously the files are
multiple gigabytes (the filesystem is RieserFS).

Has anyone else seen these sort of issues? Is there a solution or is
this a bug that is to be fixed.