[mythtv-users] Permissions and HD3000 QAM_256 setup

Mark Johannessen mfjlaw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 04:02:56 UTC 2006

> There was a long thread about this about 2 weeks ago.  Either change
> udev to give the permissions you want or run the scripts and mythbackend
> as root.

Thanks, here's what fixed the permission problem so I can azap and get
a channel lock and look at the stream using mplayer in a different
terminal, all as user "mythtv":

added to end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb
chgrp -R mythtv /dev/dvb

add ",OWNER='mythtv'" to end of all lines in
/etc/udev/rules.d/10-pchdtv.rules like this:
KERNEL="dvb0.dvr*",        NAME="dvb/adapter0/dvr%n",OWNER="mythtv"

Mark