[mythtv-users] RTC sync and bob deinterlace?

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Mar 27 12:56:06 UTC 2006

>> --- Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to run XvMC, video timing via
>>> /dev/rtc,
>>> and Bob Deinterlace?
>>>
>>> I've attempted it, and I see this in my logs:
>>> 2006-03-26 21:57:21.451 Video sync method can't
>>> support double framerate (refresh rate too low for
>>> bob deint)
>>> 2006-03-26 21:57:21.453 Video timing method: RTC

This means that, for whatever reason, Myth is seeing your refresh rate
as slower than twice the video's frame rate.  Could be your refresh rate
is not what you think, or the video driver is incorrectly reporting it
-- what does xdpyinfo say?

Also, if you have a default timestretch value set, that can push the
video's framerate too high for bob.

-Doug