[mythtv-users] mythtv/ivtv on FC5 (was: Fedora Core 5 gotchas?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Mar 27 12:02:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 12:35:33PM +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
>    I believe there have been some issues with running MythTV on FC5 (e.g.,
> ivtv kernel module versions, and mysql 5).

ivtv should be no problem. And mysql 5 support should be in -fixes and
ATrpms ships packages with latest fixes.

>    Anyone know what the status of these is (esp. wrt. 0.19-fixes branch), or
> whether there are any other issues?

The current kernel rejects non-GPL kmdls, e.g. nvidia, madwifi
etc. That wasn't done on purpose by Red Hat and the next kernel in the
updates-testing area is supporting non-GPL kmdls again. But you will
need to step on updates-testing. ATrpms provides support for this
kernel, too.

Anyway, all in all currently mythtv on FC5 isn't an easy ride. If you
don't want to get in adventures, don't upgrade yet. Wait at least
until the fixed kernel makes it into updates proper.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net