[mythtv-users] installing mythburn with mythtv 0.19

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Mar 27 04:01:38 UTC 2006

On 26-Mar-06, at 10:14 PM, Christopher M. Jones wrote:

> I am trying to get mythburn working with mythtv, but something isn't
> matching up. install.sh looks for a file called program_listing.php
> in /var/www/mythweb. In fact, this file exists nowhere on my system. As
> I've tried two archives of
> mythburn, one linked to from the mythburn howto at knoppmythwiki:
>
> http://mabene.icomedias.com/mythburn/mythburn.tar.gz
>
> The other was from sourceforge:
>
> mythburn-oct2005
>
> Both had the same results. Any help?

Yesterday I installed mythburn for the first time and it went pretty
well so it definitely can be done. I think your sources are too old,
I'm looking at a post I saved from Paul Harrison on November 27 saying
how cvs on sourceforge had just been updated and was more or less in
sync with what would become 0.19 a few months later.

These two pages were helpful to me:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythBurnInstallation
and
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=MythTVBurn_Scripts_HowTo

Contrary to what I read in some places current cvs mythburn works out
of the box with ProjectX .9. There was a post here in January saying
you'd have to muck around with the mythburn scripts for .9 but I didn't
have that problem. The .9 version supports a no-gui option which is
nice.

- George