[mythtv-users] Reset Transcoder Defaults

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Sun Mar 26 20:27:36 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I have a bunch of shows that I want to transcode. I'll be going from
MPEG2 to MPEG4. The settings I currently have seem to take a 1/2 show
down to 130MB roughly and it looks like utter crap (which is
understandable). However, when I go to change the settings, the hint
at the bottom of the screen says "Changing this from the defaults is
not recommended, or something like that).

However, I'm almost positive that I don't have the defaults anymore.
My max vid. quality is set to 2 and my min vid. quality is set to 15.
Seems backwards.

I just want to go back to the defaults and tweak things from there.
How can I do that?

Noel