[mythtv-users] Problems with EIT data in northern Germany

Martin Ereth martin.ereth at arcor.de
Sun Mar 26 18:08:55 UTC 2006

Dirk Aust schrieb:
> Hello,
> I still have problems with the DVB-T reception in northern Germany, meanwhile
> I was told in this list, that the scanner in mythtv-setup 0.19 is somehow
> broken so that I can't get channels using it, I created a channels.conf and
> imported that into it.
> But when I try to get EIT data nothing happens, I added the eit flag to the
> debugging output of mythbackend and could observe that the automatic channel
> change worked as setup in mythtv-setup, but it seems that the EIT scanner
> doesn't know the pid of the EIT data in the transponder, I asume that this
> information is gathered when using mythtv-setup as scanner.
>
> Does anyony know where to setup in the database this pid for the EIT?

Hello Dirk!

Same problem.

With an imported channels.conf the EIT doesn't work,
scanning with setting "Germany" finds some channels, with working EIT, but not all
available.

If you get this working, or you know the changes, please mail me.

scanning option "tuned" doesn't work fine. I enter all information given in a correct
channels.conf or in de-Nuernberg, a transponder-list, but mythtv doesn't find any
channels.

It seems really broken.

Martin