[mythtv-users] Announce: MythRemote Widget for Yahoo! Widget Engine (nee Konfabulator)

Paul Harvey paul.l.harvey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 01:52:42 UTC 2006

I just got the widget to work for me...

Somehow my WidgetEngine install is different than you reference in the readme.

I had to put the mythkey.exe in

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Widget~1\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\usr\local\wbin

instead of

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\usr\local\wbin

as the readme has it and then it worked.

On 3/25/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is just the widget file, you should be able to just download it
> > and open the file with the widget engine.  When it starts, a debug
> > window will also open.  If it still doesn't work for you, could you
> > email me the output of the debug window?
>
> I'm afraid it still does nothing for me. Here's the debug output:
>
> 03/25/06 19:02:48.921:
>
> Type '/help' for help.
>
> Executing command: C:\Program
> Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey down
> elm.edwards.home"
>
> Executing command: C:\Program
> Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey up
> elm.edwards.home"
>
> Executing command: C:\Program
> Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey up
> elm.edwards.home"
>
> Executing command: C:\Program
> Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey right
> elm.edwards.home"
>
> Executing command: C:\Program
> Files\Yahoo!\WidgetEngine\UnixUtils\bin\zsh.exe -c "mythkey escape
> elm.edwards.home"
>

> If I open a telnet session and type "key up", "key down" etc that all
> works but I can't get mythfrontend to respond to the widget at all.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I have Gmail invites... Email me if you want one!