[mythtv-users] MythTV v0.19.02 SuSe 10 w/PVR150

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sat Mar 25 12:58:24 UTC 2006

> On Mar 24, 2006, at 5:38 PM, <mpilet at charter.net>
> <mpilet at charter.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > After spending the past year working on it, I have finally gotten
> > MythTV to work with two PVR-150s on SuSe 10. The last (hopefully)
> > hurtle is the remote control. I am using LIRC and have followed all
> > their instructions. In addition I followed the Fedora, SuSE, and
> > geneal Myth instructions. When I run mode2 in Terminal all my
> > remote's keys work. However, they do not work in MythTV.
> >
> > I have included dmesg, mode2 sample, & contents of my lircrc file
> > below. I undertand that LIRC should support their sotware but that
> > piece seems to work fine.
> >
> > My guess is that the problem has something to do with the lircrc
> > file. I put it in /home/mythtv/.lircrc & lircrc & /home/
> > mythtv/.mythtv/.lircrc & lircrc. Perhaps it is not getting recognized.
> >
> > I greatly appreciate any help that you can provide and apologize
> > for the long post.

The only lircrc that matters for the frontend is
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/.lircrc.  You'll want to be sure your mythtv user
(presumably mythtv) actually owns /home/mythtv, the files within it,
and has proper rights to it.  The same goes for /dev/lircd.  Most just
chown 777 their /dev/lircd.

Since you switch back and forth between the root account and mythtv
user, this is usually the issue.  Try tailing your lircd log file to
be sure that when the frontend starts, your log shows that lirc added
it as a client.

Did you compile lirc from source or install the rpm?