[mythtv-users] hardware compat question?

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Mar 24 22:20:22 UTC 2006

Al McIntosh wrote:

>Hey,
>
>I am considering using the following board for a simple frontend. Has
>any one used one?
>
>QDI KuDoZ 7
>http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/products/Kudoz7.htm

My experience with KuDoZ is that they are junk, worse than PCChips...  I
have one older board, the damn alarm buzzer kept going off, I eventually
shoved a screwdriver through it.  The board is OK, but it took me
forever to get a config on it that would work.  The BIOS had all sorts
of bizarre functions, all of which seemed to cause some sort of hard to
diagnose failure.

I jsut replaced it with an Asus / Sempron 64 and it is a dream compared
to the KuDoZ.  Unless someone gives it to you for $2 or the equivalent
in your local currency, I'd stay away.

--Yan