[mythtv-users] Playback picture has moved up

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 20:09:22 UTC 2006

raptorjr wrote:
> Hello
>
> When i'm using the internal player, the top 4 centimeters of the picture is
> cut off,
> and at the bottom there is a 4 centimeters thick green(sometimes red)
> horizontal line.
>
> It is like the whole video output has been moved up 4 centimeters.
>
> I've been trying to search for information, but since english is not my
> native language
> i really don't know what to search for.
>
> Any suggestions? I'm running the latest svn.
>
> /Stefan

Well, to start you should probably take a look at your mythtv specific
gui size, playback picture size, and "overscan" (it's not real overscan
in the TV image, it's the amount of the image to display out of the
bounds of X, so it looks overscanned within the X window.  If you're
changing to a different resolution to show the video than you have
showing the UI, then it's possible you have your X config working well
for your UI resolution, but your modeline that your videos play at is
bad.  Try playing the videos at the same res as the UI is my guess.
Raphael