[mythtv-users] mini-itx motherboards

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Fri Mar 24 17:57:43 UTC 2006

cweisiger at i-55.com wrote:
> Anyone know of the latest information for mini-itx motherboards.
>
> I am looking to build a mini-itx system and was wondering what
> things to look for. I found there a many p4 mini-itx boards out there.
> Most of them have intel chipsets. Do these chipsets work properly with
> mythtv? Or should I stay with another chipset?
>
> Is CN400 the newest thing for mini-itx motherboards?
>
> Any other information I may have overlooked in asking please let me know.

Check out the reviews at http://www.epiacenter.com, they likely have all
of the info that you are looking for.  The real question is: Does the
board you are looking for have driver support in Linux?  Any hdtv output
would likely be done by a Via VT1635 chip and I do not know what the
status of that chip is on the current sets of open source drivers.  If
you get a CN400 (or newer) board, you are better off using the
openchrome drivers than the unichrome drivers which are in the kernel.

You might want to take a look at the epiOS distribution, which is VIA
EPIA-centric.