[mythtv-users] mythfrontend problem after restoring backup

Ralf Bardoel ralf at bardoel.biz
Fri Mar 24 15:54:28 UTC 2006

Dear mythtv users,

because a crash of one of my harddisks, I'd to restore a backup of the
database mythconverg and reinstall mythtv on a new harddisk. I edited
mysql.txt and everything worked fine. Except for mythfrontend, it keeps
on looking to localhost instead of 192.168.***.* . Mythfrontend connects
good to the database (also on 192.168.***.*) but keeps looking for
mythbackend at localhost. I ran mythtvsetup on both computers and
changed all settings to 192.168.***.* , but mythfrontend keeps probing
for the localhost.
Does anyone know this problem and does anyone know how to get rid of it?
I've looked everywhere in the database but couldn't find the setting :(
Thanks! Regards,

Ralf Bardoel