[mythtv-users] HDTV + AverTV A180 audio/video stutter - possible bad card?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Mar 24 06:32:37 UTC 2006

Hello,

I recently got my AverTV card working. However, when I play
an audio stream using:
    mplayer -nolirc -novideo /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

I get CRC errors from the audio. It plays, but there is a break
in the sound everytime I see a CRC (which is once or twice a
second). Similarly, if I record in MythTV I get audio/video
stuttering and loss of A/V sync.

My azap ber is always below 900, and I have zero unc errors.
snr is always eXXX or better, and signal is always fcXX or
better, so I don't think I'm having reception problems.

I never see any errors in dmesg during recording/playback,
so this feels to me like either a hardware issue or an issue
upstream.

What does the list think? Do I have a bad card?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net