[mythtv-users] Streamzap Remote Configuration, almost there!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 24 02:46:03 UTC 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 6:09 PM, John Pierce wrote:

> Brian, nowhere in /etc/udev/50-udev.rules could I find a reference to
> lirc, but I found this on the web and tried it.
>
> KERNEL="lirc[0-9]*",    NAME="lirc%n"
> KERNEL="lirc0",         SYMLINK="lirc"
>
> Upon reboot the streamzap module was loaded and the following devices
> were created:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     5 Mar 23 15:39 /dev/lirc -> lirc0
> crw-------  1 root root 61, 0 Mar 23 15:39 /dev/lirc0
> srw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Mar 23 15:39 /dev/lircd

Just like you should have, a character device, a socket device and a
symbolic link to the former.

I suspect there was supposed to be a "10-lirc.rules" file that should
have got installed and somehow didn't. You still might want to make
it separate so an update doesn't hose you.

Good to hear it's working though.