[mythtv-users] knoppmyth or mythdora

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 00:23:02 UTC 2006

> On Mar 23, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
>

> > Isaac has made his opinion clear on my recruiting
> > for AMICUS.
> >

> I didn't interpret the message Isaac sent you as precluding your
> posting relevant information about Amicus to this list, in the same
> way that others do, mentioning when a new version is available with
> perhaps a few notes about what the upgrade consists of.
>
> I felt he was commenting on frequently-repeated, lengthy posts which
> contained no new information. "Spam" may have been a little strong
> but he certainly got his point across, and several others seem to
> have agreed.
>

> > PS, if I offended anyone by my recruiting for the
> > AMICUS project, then I apologize. It was not my intent
> > to spam or annoy.
>
> I never thought your intentions were anything but honorable, I think
> you just got a little over-zealous about your project, something I am
> sure we all have done at one time or another.
>
> If I have interpreted Isaac's or anyone else's stand on the matter
> incorrectly I'm sure I will hear about it :-)

OK then,
I really have no idea about this, and it seems i dont really want to. :P

to answer the first posters questions (as best i can)

Knoppix myth.
this has been around for ages, it is stable and so i have read, easy to use.
I tried to install it and i dont want to take away anything form it, becuase
i was using some non standard hardware and it was the near the begining of
my Myth education. I have not tried it since, i am considering it as it can
boot a low power PC off things like a SD card or the like. There is a lot of
people using this are are very happy with it.

Mythdora
I have never tried this distro, allthough i do intend on giving it a try. I
have read most of the post on this forum regarding it. Again there is a
seperate forum for it. As of yet i have not joined, mainly cos the stupid
ISP's and telco's here is aust can get me connected to the net at home. it
should happen this sat.
All that being said, mythdora is based on the 0.19 branch and, from what i
can tell is very active. ALso it has alot of the 'extras' complied into it.
(i believe that is the right way to say it.

I do not wanna tell you how to suck eggs, but you will get a better responce
if you state your question a big more clearly and give what hardware you are
working with. If you are working with 'non standard' or 64bit processors you
are in for a world of hurt, unless you are a god like guru like, say, Mr
willson (bow down) (there are MANY other and thanks to them all for the
continued support of stupid M$ brainwashedppl) check out his page
www.wilsonet.com.au for a Mythtv how to and (no offence) a doco on how to
get a better respoce to your post.

Before you decide what to do, have a look at the common hardware people are
using.

Hope this helps.

CH