[mythtv-users] Can myth TV do what I want?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:13:29 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:

> Well, if it's a combined front/back end, then you can just use
> mythmusic. That's what I do,
> and if that's the only way to do it then you prevent someone from the
> web starting up Rage
> Against the Machine while you're trying to watch Naruto. :)

With all due respect to the developers of mythmusic, I just am not a
huge fan of the interface.  It is very difficult to access the music I
want to with such a long list, and I would prefer in a case like this
to go to my desk, fire up a browser or some other program, and
remotely control the box.

I do not care about the security features as I can always lock it down
with .htaccess or some other method.  The issue is just to be able to
play the music remotely.