[mythtv-users] knoppmyth or mythdora

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 23 15:46:59 UTC 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 8:40 AM, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2006, at 8:29 AM, Joshua Luckner wrote:
>
>> So for those of us new to the Linux/myth game... has there ever
>> been a debate as to which is the better path to go down.  I want to
>> get going using Myth and learning Linux and trying to get to the
>> point of playing with Myth along with the semblance of a life I try
>> to keep isn't working.
>>

>> So bring forth the flood gates... Knoppmyth or Mythdora or quit
>> whining ya damn M$ baby and get it working (I really have tried to
>> give it the free time I have available... it's just not that much)
>
> I plan on taking up this matter as soon as I resolve the following:
>
> 1.) Which is a better text editor, VI or EMACS ??
>
> 2.) Which is the better desktop, KDE or GNOME ??
>
> 3.) What is the best Linux Distro
>
> 4.) What is the worst OS on the planet, Windows XP Home or Windows XP
> Professional ??

But seriously, I think we should stay away from what would of
necessity be a long, contentious and in the end pointless thread, and
just continue what we are doing, which is tacitly supporting them all
to a point, even Amicus in spite of over-zealous promotion.

Or perhaps we need a MythTV-Users-Advocacy List ??