[mythtv-users] Long films and news breaks

Stuart Fox stuart at dontuse.ms
Thu Mar 23 10:21:14 UTC 2006

Hi all

I've had an idea (doesnt happen very often) !

Here in the UK and and sure across the world, tv companies break up films
and put stuff in the middle. A 1/2 hour news slot being the most common
here.
It means you have to do 2 recordings.
Is it possible to "associate" the 2 recordings? for example the 1st bit of
the film starts 10pm and finishes 11pm, then a half hour news slot then
the film resumes 11:30 for another hour.

You'd schedule the first hour as normal. When you schedule the second hour
you associate it with the first scedule and it appends the recording to
the first file. You end up with one recording instead of 2.

Good idea? I'd certainly find it very useful!

Cheers

Stuart

capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?