[mythtv-users] Transcode to my cell phone (PPC-6700)?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 07:06:57 UTC 2006

I have a PPC-6700 w/ a 1gb mini-SD card. What I'd like to do is
transcode select recordings to a format, size and quality appropriate
for Windows Media Player on WM 5.0 or PocketTV (generic mpeg player).
I'm trying to get a final 1hr show at 320x240 and under 500mb (seems
reasonable to me). I don't want to downsample my recordings on the
mythbox, just create smaller versions in a different dir/smb share
drive or something. Question is, how would I go about this? I don't
know where to start, I don't think transcode is what I want but I
didn't know what to call it... Thanks for any links or pointers where
to look.

Also, I'm considering writing a pocket pc app to control mythfrontend
via telnet. Would anyone else be interested?