[mythtv-users] Tuning QAM for Charter Cable with HD3000

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Wed Mar 22 21:33:41 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 10:24 pm, Dylan R. Semler wrote:

> >Here is the output of the time.dat file.
> >
> >The test clip is 14 to 15 seconds long. And is 14950336 bytes.  Standard def video.
> >
> >0.72user 0.02system 0:13.16elapsed 5%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
> >0inputs+0outputs (0major+3378minor)pagefaults 0swaps
> >

> That's what mine looks like as well, the script should have picked up
> any channels that it could.  Sorry, but I can't think of much else that
> you can try, maybe you do have a faulty card.  Hopefully it's a driver
> issue or something.  Your dmesg seems to be good though.  Just for
> reference, I installed the firmware for my HD-3000 using the
> pcHDTV-extras package at
> http://www.pchdtv.com/downloads/pcHDTV-extras.tar.gz
> I ran the makefile and rebooted and everything worked.
>
> Sorry I couldn't be more help.

So is the concensus that QAM is encrypted on Charter Cable?
Or is there something wrong with jb's setup/card?

I bought an AverTV A180 and followed the guide on the wiki. I'm getting
the same issue with Charter Cable: Scan comes up with channels, but mplayer
can't play the streams. It detects the video as MPEG-TS, but states NO_VIDEO!
NO_AUDIO! Is that textbook encrypted behavior?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net