[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: tv_grab_au 1.52

Lewis myth at ldsit.com
Wed Mar 22 05:47:18 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Issue was simply needed the executeable flag chmod for the non-priviledged
user.

Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] tv_grab_au 1.52
Date: Wednesday 22 March 2006 10:14
From: Lewis Shobbrook <lds at optusnet.com.au>
To: Michael Smith <myth at immir.com>
Cc: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 08:01, you wrote:
Hi Michael,
thanks for the reply.

> > Session management error: Could not open network socket
>
> Can't find anything like that in the perl module.
>
> My guess is that the mythfilldatabase program is failing to connect to
> your mysql server to insert the program data. Is your mysql daemon running?
>
> Michael.

Yes it is certainly live and kicking...
The complete list of errors is...

Session management error: Could not open network socket
nice: tv_grab_au: Permission denied
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file

...quite bizzarre!

Cheers,

Lew

I'd just copied the permissions of the other tv_grab's in the /usr/bin dir
which clearly aren't sufficient in this case.

Cheers,

Lew