[mythtv-users] invoke script upon keypress?

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Wed Mar 22 04:02:07 UTC 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 10:22 PM, Sean Watkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started using MythTV a few days ago. I have gone and customized the
> lircrc in ~mythtv/.mythtv as to how I wanted it. Basically some
> buttons were setup kind of weird.
>
> I would like to run a power down script (which sends a Power Off to
> my TV and Home Theatre System) whenever I push the power button on my
> remote.
>
> My lircrc contains this:
> begin
>      prog = mythtv
>      button = Power
>     config = /local/power.sh &
> end

I don't know a good answer because I am no expert, but I was just
looking at the lirc code in myth for another issues I had and saw
there is a configurable external script that can be run on each
keypress. I don't know if the key that was pressed is passed or not,
I don't have the code in front of me now. It is mainly used so you
can have feedback from keypresses such as an led.

Look at lirc.cpp in libs/libmythtv

- James