[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Dish Network

Jesse Adelman someone at boldandbusted.com
Tue Mar 21 21:00:10 UTC 2006

I've used The MyBlaster/Serial since I brought up my Myth box back in
August of 2004, and it has been just a solid, and blissfully
uneventful, performer: http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_004.html .
The excellent Linux/Perl script by William Munson that they host offers
complete control over your cable box, and does not require LIRC at all
(see http://www.mytvstore.com/mythtv_linux.html). Oh, and did I say it
does not require LIRC *at all*? OK, just making sure.

For me, and my PVR-350 remote (which does need LIRC), this means
heaven.

Have fun,
Jesse Adelman
San Francisco, CA USA

MythTVbox specs (stable since 8/2004):
Shuttle SN41G2V2 (nforce2)
PVR-350 (S-Video in/out)
MyBlaster/Serial
350 GB useable storage (2x IDE 200GB Seagate Barracudas @7200 RPM)
Reiserfs 3.6 on LVM2
AMD Athlon 1600
Gentoo (x86-stable)
ivtv 0.4.2
gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1
MythTV 0.18.1 <- waiting for 0.19.1 "tuning"