itsmebcc itsmebcc at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:43:10 UTC 2006

>Isaac and the other developers (myself included as one of them) have said
>multiple times before that there are certain things that we don't condone
>or want
>discussed on the lists.  Among them are any kind of P2P app within Myth (or
>non-official plugin) and software that allows you to get around encrypted
>datastreams.  If you don't like it, then you can go elsewhere.  If your bug
>is
>related to sasc then you're on your own.  It's Isaac's list so he makes the
>rules
>(and I think I'm safe in saying the rest of the devs agree with him).  If
>you happen
>to live in a country that allows you to break encryption and use the feed
>as you
>see fit, then feel free to discuss this elsewhere, but don't expect support
>in the
>official Myth mailing lists.
>
>--
>Chris

Chris, that is fine.  I have been reading this list for some time, and I
have not seen this mentioned before.  Looking in the mainings from today I
see 2 backend logs with reference to sasc, and one person trying to compile
with sasc and not one of you guys have said anything to them.  Not sure why
I was specifically singled out on this issue, but anyways, I wasn't aware
that this list frowned on this.  I will ask my questions elsewhere regarding
this, and try to remind anyone who mentions sasc in this list that it is not
tolorated from now on.

What if I were to reword what I was asking and say...

I watch the NASA channel all the time, and I get the guide data for it over
the air.  Is there a way for the guide data to stop processing when I have a
job in the queue?