[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Dish Network

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 21 18:47:15 UTC 2006

OK, I got my LIRC and the remote working (problem was with my system,
not with MythDora).

So now that I have a working LIRC I want to get a serial IT Blaster
controlling a Dish receiver.

I have found dozens and dozens of posts on this, some going back to
the Bronze age, and all seeming to have a different opinion as to how
to do it.

The most promising one said it was for FC systems and did not require
a second installation of LIRC, all components can be had from atRPMs,
needs no compiling and just needs editing a few files.

Sounded great, but the domain has expired (lircsetup.com) :-(((

So I'm looking for an up to date solution for a simple serial blaster
controlling a Dish receiver in the simplest possible way, on a
MythDora 2.0 system.

All pointers appreciated.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org