[mythtv-users] DVB Radio channels working in latest CVS

Mike Parkins mikeparkins at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 21 15:58:55 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 Mar 2006 14:52, Dave wrote:
> Is this part of the main mythtv program or is it a plugin?
>
> I have just upgraded to knoppmyth 5B7 - what would be the procedure to
> upgrade mythtv 0.19 to mythtv 0.19+dvbradio? I don't mind comiling, but
> could do with a set of instructions so that I don't break anything.

It's in the main codebase now, if you follow the instructions on
svn.mythtv.org to compile the source. There are quite a few dependencies
though so you may need several rpms or equivalent. I'm a dunce when it comes
to linux hackery but I managed it eventually :)

In summary, I ran the command as given on svn.mythtv.org to download mythtv
and mythplugins from my /usr/src directory. SVN creates a directory of the
same name for each. Go into mythtv/ and run 'sh configure --enable-dvb', then
'qmake mythtv.pro', then 'make install'. I don't think it automatically
installs the mythbackend service so you may have to copy over the
provided /etc/rc.d/init.d/mythbackend script (mandriva again, sorry).

You'll probably get lots of errors due to missing dependencies but that's part
of the fun... Well, I enjoy it anyway,
Mike.