[mythtv-users] Announce: MythRemote Widget for Yahoo! Widget Engine (nee Konfabulator)

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 01:07:51 UTC 2006

> I've installed the widget but unfortunately it doesn't seem to do
> anything. I've made sure Enable Remote Control Interface is on and
> using port 6546. I got MythTV up in a VNC window to watch what happens
> when I click the buttons on the widget but there is no response.
>
> Just as a check - when you say make sure Konfabulator is installed I
> assume you just mean Yahoo Widgets, do you, or is there something else
> on top of that?

Yes, the Yahoo Widget Engine is what I meant.  In fact I have no idea
if it would actually work with older versions of konfabulator, so I
probably shouldn't have said that.

A couple things to check: did you set the IP address of your frontend
in the widget prefences?  And did you copy the mythkey.exe file to the
location specified in the README?

If you wouldn't mind giving it another shot to help me nail this down,
I've attached the most recent version (I'm a little quicker between
point releases than myth at this stage ;) of the widget with debugging
turned on.

This is just the widget file, you should be able to just download it
and open the file with the widget engine.  When it starts, a debug
window will also open.  If it still doesn't work for you, could you
email me the output of the debug window?

Thanks for all your help,
Chris