[mythtv-users] OT: Fedora repos?

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Mon Mar 20 13:31:34 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 11:45:39PM -0500, Dylan R. Semler wrote:
>
>> So what does one do?  These people on the fedora sites seem to say that
>> atrpms is incompatible with the *core* fedora distribution and "is not
>> advised."
>>

> That's BS, or better said FUD. You are in fear, uncertainity and
> doubt, right?
>
> Please complain to the people writing such crap. It's a free world,
> everyone can say and write what he likes and the Fedora community has
> such and such people, you'll probably find fedora people claiming Bush
> and Bin Laden are the same person.

If it helps, My Fedora 4 laptop has dag and dries enabled full time.  I
discovered ATrpms last week when I wanted myth RPMs for the laptop to
watch some shows I had recorded while the family was watching other
things on the main TV.  I used ATrpms to grab myth which worked just
fine, however having ATrpms enabled fulltime produced many missing
dependencies so I disabled it, but still keep it in my yum.repos.d
directory to be used as needed.